Reviews / Primer for UV printing
Primer for UV printing
Today world of digital printing, growing every day. So recently UV printing on large format printers, it was expensive, but now, due to reduction in price, technology and products, UV printing is becoming more and more available. UV technologies are more advantages
1. Ecology of the finished product, no smell on finished products.
2. Printable image more resistant to sunlight. Some printing companies offer a guarantee of 15 years, to the image.
3. Printing with UV inks can print images on any type of material. (Banners, self-adhesive, glass, tile, metal, glass, laminate, PVC, various films, etc). That is where Solvent equipment powerless.
For printing equipment so there are also have advantages when printing UV ink
1. Print heads do not dry out of printer downtime.
2. UV inks have less odor compared to solvent.
But it also has its drawbacks.
1. Print UV printer with UV lamps Accompanying large selection of ozone, which adversely affects the health of the printer
2. Price equipment is higher than that of solvent
But the use of new technologies allows UV LED technology make minimize dangerous production for use.
Truth in LED technology has a significant disadvantage yet they are too expensive for Large consumption.
I have worked a lot with UV printer machine, I met such problems like peeling UV ink on the material. After printing, after some time, ink literally swells, or peel. We have several ways to solve the problem.
1. Protect images from external factors after printing.
2. Apply a special preprinted material handling. Degrease, apply a special primer.
3. To print in the recommended conditions and speeds.
Necessary before printing, be sure to degrease the surface, it is done with solvents (alcohol, acetone, ...) After that, wipe dry with a clean, dry cloth flax surface. Using primers for the creation of a special highly adhesive layer. By simply saying that the ink better stick to the material. Primers, requires application of a thin layer on the surface. To reduce the consumption of primer should pour a primer on the material and carefully rub.
Withstand some of the time from 15 minutes to 24 hours. After that, depending of type of primer, remove visible residues or directly print. When printing UV ink, you should pay attention to the fact that printing took place, with layer of polymerized ink. If the ink will dry up not full, the greater likelihood that they will fall off. Again, if the ink will dry up UV lamps, they can crack on mtaeriale. In general, how important is always a happy medium, a little small, and exactly times.
After printing, give some time snap ink and usually the next day, we can cover with a protective layer, usually polyurethane varnishes.
Now our image may long to please the eye.
When printing on metal, you must use specific primers, as the metal has, in contrast to all other materials special properties.
Working with UV primers must closely follow safety because they contain strong solvents and volatiles.
© 2013 AVC NODAL. All rights reserved.
Any copying of information from the site www.avc-n.com must be performed with a link to the source and with the consent of the administration.<< back